"A unique type of poster placed in exam rooms helped reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions for respiratory infections during flu season. The approach could help reduce costs and extend the usefulness of these drugs.
Nimbex Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- What are the possible side effects of cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- How is cisatracurium given (Nimbex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nimbex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nimbex)?
- What should I avoid after receiving cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- What other drugs will affect cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving cisatracurium (Nimbex)?
You should not receive this medication if you are allergic to cisatracurium or similar medications used in anesthesia. Also tell your doctor if you are allergic to benzyl alcohol.
Before receiving cisatracurium, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis;
- paralysis in any part of your body;
- an electrolyte imbalance; or
- a history of burn injury.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely receive this medication.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether cisatracurium passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How is cisatracurium given (Nimbex)?
Cisatracurium is given as an injection through a needle placed into a vein or muscle. You will receive this injection in a hospital or surgical setting.
Your caregivers will monitor your heart function, blood pressure, and breathing while you are under the effects of cisatracurium.
Additional Nimbex Information
- Nimbex Drug Interactions Center: cisatracurium iv
- Nimbex Side Effects Center
- Nimbex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.