"Oct. 28, 2012 -- Flu vaccines may do more than guard against infection. New research hints that the vaccine, which is recommended for all adults, may also help the heart.
Two new studies presented at the 2012 Canadian Cardiovascular C"...
Nitrolingual Pumpspray Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Nitrolingual, Nitrolingual Duo Pack, Nitromist, Nitrostat, Nitro-Time
Generic Name: nitroglycerin (oral/sublingual) (Pronunciation: NYE troe GLI ser in (OR al/sub LIN gwal))
- What is nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What are the possible side effects of nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- How should I take nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What should I avoid while taking nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- What other drugs will affect nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
Nitroglycerin is in a group of drugs called nitrates. Nitroglycerin dilates (widens) blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow through them and easier for the heart to pump.
Nitroglycerin is used to treat or prevent attacks of chest pain (angina).
Nitroglycerin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Nitroglycerin 2.5 mg ER_EON
clear/purple, imprinted with E5174
Nitroglycerin 2.5 mg-ETH
clear/purple, imprinted with ETHEX, 004
Nitroglycerin 6.5 mg ER-EON
blue/yellow, imprinted with E1235
Nitroglycerin 6.5 mg-ETH
blue/yellow, imprinted with ETHEX, 005
Nitroglycerin 9 mg ER-EON
green/yellow, imprinted with E1217
Nitroglycerin ER 9 mg-ETH
clear, imprinted with ETHEX, 006
Nitroquick 0.3 mg-ETH
oval, white, imprinted with 3, ETH
Nitroquick 0.4 mg-ETH
oval, white, imprinted with 4, ETH
Nitroquick 0.6 mg
oval, white, imprinted with 6, ETH
Nitrostat 0.3 mg
round, white, imprinted with 3, N
Nitrostat 0.4 mg
round, white, imprinted with 4, N
What are the possible side effects of nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, slow, pounding, or uneven heart rate;
- blurred vision or dry mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, sweating, pale skin, feeling like you might pass out; or
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild burning or tingling with the tablet in your mouth;
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin; or
- feeling weak or dizzy.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Nitrolingual Pumpspray (nitroglycerin lingual spray) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about nitroglycerin (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)?
Do not use nitroglycerin if you are taking sildenafil (Viagra, Revatio), tadalafil (Cialis), or vardenafil (Levitra). Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take nitroglycerin while you are using sildenafil.
Nitroglycerin can cause severe headaches, especially when you first start using it. These headaches may gradually become less severe as you continue to use nitroglycerin. Do not stop taking the medication. Ask your doctor before using any headache pain medication.
Additional Nitrolingual Pumpspray Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.