"Medscape Medical News
March 19, 2013 -- People with low back pain may benefit from a hands-on treatment known as osteopathic manual therapy (OMT) more than they do from ultrasound therapy.
A new study suggests that OMT leads t"...
Norgesic Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Norgesic, Norgesic Forte
Generic Name: aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Pronunciation: AS pir in/CAF feen/ore FEN ah drin)
- What is aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- What are the possible side effects of aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- Who should not take aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- How should I take aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Norgesic)?
- What happens if I overdose (Norgesic)?
- What should I avoid while taking aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
Aspirin is in a class of drugs called salicylates. Aspirin works reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. It is used to reduce pain, inflammation, and fever.
Caffeine is used in this combination to increase the pain relieving effects of aspirin and orphenadrine.
Orphenadrine is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to the brain.
Aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine is used, along with rest and physical therapy, to treat injuries and other painful muscular conditions.
Aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
round, green/white, imprinted with INV 265
oblong, white/yellow, imprinted with 3M, NORGESICFORTE
What are the possible side effects of aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- an irregular or a very fast heartbeat;
- confusion, hallucinations, or abnormal behavior;
- red, black, or bloody stools; or
- blood in vomit.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine and talk to your doctor if you experience
- drowsiness or dizziness;
- blurred vision or large pupils;
- difficulty urinating;
- faint ringing in the ears; or
- nausea, vomiting, or constipation.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Norgesic (orphenadrine citrate with aspirin and caffeine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine (Norgesic)?
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine. Also, in combination with aspirin, alcohol can be damaging to the stomach.
Call your doctor immediately if you experience a rash, itching, a fever, or nasal congestion during treatment with aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrine.
Watch for bloody, black, or tarry stools or bloody vomit. This could indicate damage to the stomach.
Do not take more of this medication than is prescribed. If the pain is not being adequately treated, talk to your doctor.
Additional Norgesic Information
Norgesic - User Reviews
Norgesic User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.