General: If a reaction suggesting local skin irritation occurs, patients should be directed to discontinue use of the medication. Conjunctivitis associated with topical use of metronidazole on the face has been reported. Contact with the eyes should be avoided. Metronidazole is a nitroimidazole and should be used with care in patients with evidence of, or history of, blood dyscrasia.
Information for Patients: Patients using NORITATE (metronidazole) should receive the following information and instructions:
1. This medication is to be used as directed. 2. It is for external use only.
3. Avoid contact with the eyes.
4. Cleanse affected area(s) before applying NORITATE (metronidazole) .
5. This medication should not be used for any disorder other than that for which it is prescribed.
6. Patients should report any adverse reaction to their physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Noritate Information
Noritate - User Reviews
Noritate User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.