"CHICAGO, IL â€” In a cohort of patients with HIV, the 2013 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) pooled cohort equations to predict 10-year risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) were generally adequate"...
Norpace Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Norpace, Norpace CR
Generic Name: disopyramide (Pronunciation: DYE soe PIR a mide)
- What is disopyramide (Norpace)?
- What are the possible side effects of disopyramide (Norpace)?
- What is the most important information I should know about disopyramide (Norpace)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking disopyramide (Norpace)?
- How should I take disopyramide (Norpace)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Norpace)?
- What happens if I overdose (Norpace)?
- What should I avoid while taking disopyramide (Norpace)?
- What other drugs will affect disopyramide (Norpace)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is disopyramide (Norpace)?
Disopyramide affects the way that your heart beats.
Disopyramide is used to treat seriously irregular heartbeat patterns.
Disopyramide may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Disopyramide 100 mg-TEV
red/turquoise, imprinted with biocraft 40
Disopyramide 150 mg-TEV
red/yellow, imprinted with biocraft 41
What are the possible side effects of disopyramide (Norpace)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking disopyramide and seek emergency medical attention:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- a new or a worsening irregular heartbeat pattern;
- chest pain, chest discomfort, shortness of breath, or swelling of your legs or feet; or
- severe dizziness.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Talk to your doctor if you experience
- mild dizziness or tiredness,
- blurred vision,
- dry mouth,
- rash, itching,
- muscle aches or pains, or
- difficulty urinating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Norpace (disopyramide phosphate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about disopyramide (Norpace)?
Do not skip doses or change your dosing schedule without talking to your doctor. Changing your schedule could make your condition much worse.
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Disopyramide may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision, avoid these activities.
Do not crush, chew, or break any controlled-release (CR) forms of disopyramide. Swallow them whole. They are specially formulated to release slowly in your body.
Additional Norpace Information
- Norpace Drug Interactions Center: disopyramide oral
- Norpace Side Effects Center
- Norpace Overview including Precautions
- Norpace FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Norpace - User Reviews
Norpace User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.