"Nov. 26, 2012 -- Pediatricians should routinely talk to their teen patients about emergency birth control and write them prescriptions for “morning-after pills” so they can get them quickly if necessary, according to a new policy statement from t"...
Overdosage can result if more than six capsules of the NORPLANT (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) SYSTEM are in situ. All implanted NORPLANT (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) SYSTEM capsules should be removed before inserting a new set of NORPLANT (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) SYSTEM capsules. Overdosage may cause fluid retention with its associated effects and uterine bleeding irregularities.
- Active thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. There is insufficient information regarding women who have had previous thromboembolic disease.
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
- Acute liver disease; benign or malignant liver tumors.
- Known or suspected carcinoma of the breast.
- History of idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Hypersensitivity to levonorgestrel or any of the other components of the NORPLANT (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) SYSTEM.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/5/2009
Additional Norplant Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.