Novolog Mix 70-30
"Nov. 21, 2012 -- The number of children and teens with type 1 and type 2 diabetes is expected to spike dramatically in the next 40 years, creating what one expert calls a potential catastrophe for the nation's health care system.
NovoLog Mix 70/30
NovoLog Mix 70/30 Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What are the possible side effects of insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What is the most important information I should know about insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- How should I use insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What happens if I overdose (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What should I avoid while using insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- What other drugs will affect insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
Since insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine is used before meals, you may not be on a timed dosing schedule. Whenever you use this medication, be sure to eat a meal within 15 minutes. Do not use extra insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine to make up a missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.Overdose can cause life-threatening hypoglycemia.
Symptoms of severe hypoglycemia include extreme weakness, blurred vision, sweating, trouble speaking, tremors, stomach pain, confusion, and seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while using insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
Avoid drinking alcohol. It lowers blood sugar and may interfere with your diabetes treatment.
What other drugs will affect insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine (NovoLog Mix 70/30)?
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- albuterol (Proventil, Ventolin);
- clonidine (Catapres);
- disopyramide (Norpace);
- niacin (Advicor, Niaspan, Niacor, Simcor, Slo-Niacin, and otheres);
- pramlintide (Symlin);
- fenofibrate (Antara, Lipofen, Triglide), fenofibric acid (Trilipix), or gemfibrozil (Lopid);
- enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), ramipril (Altace), and others;
- aspirin or other salicylates (including Pepto-Bismol);
- birth control pills and other hormones;
- diet pills or medicines to treat asthma, colds or allergies;
- diuretics (water pills);
- a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI);
- phenothiazines (Phenergan and others);
- thyroid medicine (Synthroid and others);
- a beta-blocker (Tenormin, Normodyne, Toprol, Coreg, Inderal, and others);
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders (Abilify, Clozaril, Zyprexa, Compazine, Risperdal, and others);
- steroids (prednisone and others); or
- sulfa drugs (Bactrim, Septra, and others).
This list is not complete and there are many other medicines that can increase or decrease the effects of insulin on lowering your blood sugar. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional NovoLog Mix 70/30 Information
NovoLog Mix 70/30 - User Reviews
NovoLog Mix 70/30 User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find tips and advances in treatment.