"The European Medicines Agency (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended approval of dalbavancin 500 mg (Xydalba, Durata Therapeutics) for acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) in ad"...
Nystop Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What are the possible side effects of nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- How should I use nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nystop)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nystop)?
- What should I avoid while using nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What other drugs will affect nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using nystatin topical (Nystop)?
You should not use nystatin topical if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether nystatin topical will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether nystatin topical passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I use nystatin topical (Nystop)?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Do not use nystatin topical to treat any skin condition that has not been checked by your doctor.
Wash your hands before and after using this medication.
Clean and dry the skin before you apply nystatin topical.
Do not cover treated skin with bandages or dressings that do not allow air circulation unless your doctor tells you to.
Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using nystatin topical.
Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Nystop Information
- Nystop Drug Interactions Center: nystatin top
- Nystop Side Effects Center
- Nystop Overview including Precautions
- Nystop FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Nystop - User Reviews
Nystop User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.