"The beta-blocker propranolol, especially in oral form, more effectively reduces the size and volume of infantile hemangiomas than placebo, observation, and other treatments such as corticosteroids, according to a meta-analysis published online Ja"...
Nystop Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Mycostatin Topical, Nyamyc, Nystop, Pediaderm AF, Pedi-Dri
Generic Name: nystatin topical (Pronunciation: nye STAT in)
- What is nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What are the possible side effects of nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- How should I use nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nystop)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nystop)?
- What should I avoid while using nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- What other drugs will affect nystatin topical (Nystop)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nystatin topical (Nystop)?
Nystatin is an antifungal medication. Nystatin prevents fungus from growing on your skin.
Nystatin topical (for the skin) is used to treat skin infections caused by yeast.
Nystatin topical is not for use to treat a vaginal yeast infection.
Nystatin topical may also be used for purposes not those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of nystatin topical (Nystop)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using nystatin topical and call your doctor at once if you have severe burning, itching, rash, pain, or other irritation where the medicine is applied.
Less serious side effects may include mild itching or irritation.
Read the Nystop (nystatin topical) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about nystatin topical (Nystop)?
Do not use nystatin topical to treat any skin condition that has not been checked by your doctor.
Nystatin topical (for the skin) is not for use to treat a vaginal yeast infection.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes or mouth. If this does happen, rinse with water.
Use this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using nystatin topical.
Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Additional Nystop Information
- Nystop Drug Interactions Center: nystatin top
- Nystop Side Effects Center
- Nystop Overview including Precautions
- Nystop FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Nystop - User Reviews
Nystop User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.