In this Article
- What other names is Octacosanol known by?
- What is Octacosanol?
- How does Octacosanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Octacosanol.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of octacosanol during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Parkinson's disease: Octacosanol might make some symptoms of Parkinson's disease worse if it is used with the Parkinson's disease medication levodopa/carbidopa. Don't use this combination.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.