In this Article
- What other names is Octacosanol known by?
- What is Octacosanol?
- How does Octacosanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Octacosanol.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) is used for Parkinson's disease. Taking octacosanol along with levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) might make Parkinson's disease symptoms worse. Do not take octacosanol if you are taking levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.