In this Article
- What other names is Octacosanol known by?
- What is Octacosanol?
- How does Octacosanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Octacosanol.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) is used for Parkinson's disease. Taking octacosanol along with levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet) might make Parkinson's disease symptoms worse. Do not take octacosanol if you are taking levodopa/carbidopa (Sinemet).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.