"Sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze... especially when combining grapefruit with medicines.
While it can be part of a balanced and nutritious diet, grapefruit can have serious consequences when taken with certain medications. Cu"...
OCUCOAT (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) is a sterile, isotonic, nonpyrogenic viscoelastic solution of highly purified, noninflammatory, 2% hydroxypropylmethylcellulose with a high molecular weight greater than 80,000 daltons. OCUCOAT (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) is supplied in 1 mL syringes. Each mL provides 20 mg/mL of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose dissolved in a physiological balanced salt solution containing 0.49% sodium chloride, 0.075% potassium chloride, 0.048% calcium chloride, 0.03% magnesium chloride, 0.39% sodium acetate, 0.17% sodium citrate and water for injection. The osmolarity of OCUCOAT (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) is 285 ± 32 mOsM, the viscosity is 4000 ± 1500 cst, and the pH is 7.2±0.4.
OCUCOAT (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose) :
- Is a space occupying, tissue protective substance
- Exhibits excellent flow properties
- Is completely transparent
- Is nonantigenic
- Is easily removed from the anterior chamber
- Contains no proteins which may cause inflammation or foreign body reactions
- Requires no refrigeration or restrictive storage conditions
- Does not interfere with normal wound healing process
- Clears the trabecular meshwork in 24 hours (98% clearance rate)
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ocucoat Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.