Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- What other names is Omega-6 Fatty Acids known by?
- What is Omega-6 Fatty Acids?
- How does Omega-6 Fatty Acids work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Omega-6 Fatty Acids.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Improving mental development or growth in infants when arachidonic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) is used in infant formula.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering bad cholesterol levels, increasing good cholesterol levels, and reducing the risk of cancer.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.