"In the largest, most comprehensive, nationwide study to examine the prevalence of allergies from early childhood to old age, scientists from the National Institutes of Health report that allergy prevalence is the same across different regions "...
Omnaris Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- What are the possible side effects of ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- How should I use ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Omnaris)?
- What happens if I overdose (Omnaris)?
- What should I avoid while using ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What other drugs will affect ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before using ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to ciclesonide.
To make sure you can safely use ciclesonide, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- glaucoma or cataracts;
- tuberculosis or other infection of the lungs;
- a sore inside your nose that has not yet healed;
- a recent nose injury or surgery; or
- if you are or have been using an oral, inhaled, or injected steroid such as cortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisone, beclomethasone (Beclovent), flunisolide (AeroBid), fluticasone (Advair, Flovent), triamcinolone (Azmacort), and others.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether ciclesonide will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether ciclesonide passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Long-term use of steroid medication can slow a child's growth. Tell your doctor if the child using this medication is not growing or gaining weight properly.
How should I use ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
The usual dose of ciclesonide nasal spray is 2 sprays into each nostril once per day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
This medication comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
If needed, blow your nose to clear your nostrils just before using ciclesonide nasal.
Shake the medicine bottle well just before each use.
Before using the spray for the first time, you must prime the spray pump. Shake the medicine well and spray 8 test sprays into the air and away from your face. Prime the spray pump any time you have not used your nasal spray for longer than 4 days. Spray until a fine mist appears.
It may take 1 to 2 days before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 to 5 weeks of treatment.
If you stopped using another steroid medication when you started using ciclesonide, you may have steroid withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms include joint or muscle pain, depression, and weakness. Do not stop using any steroid medication without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.
Store in an upright position at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Do not allow the medicine to freeze. Keep the spray bottle clean and dry.
Throw away the Omnaris nasal spray after you have used 120 sprays or 4 months after removing the bottle from the foil pouch, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
Additional Omnaris Information
- Omnaris Drug Interactions Center: ciclesonide nasl
- Omnaris Side Effects Center
- Omnaris Overview including Precautions
- Omnaris FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Omnaris - User Reviews
Omnaris User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.