"Nov. 9, 2012 -- If you're allergic to the metals nickel or cobalt, you may want to consider that when you pick a mobile phone.
In a new study, researchers tested new and used mobile phones for nickel and cobalt. Some people are allerg"...
Omnaris Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- What are the possible side effects of ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
- How should I use ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Omnaris)?
- What happens if I overdose (Omnaris)?
- What should I avoid while using ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- What other drugs will affect ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before using ciclesonide (Omnaris)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to ciclesonide.
Before using ciclesonide nasal, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- tuberculosis or other infection of the lungs;
- a sore inside your nose that has not yet healed;
- a recent nose injury or surgery; or
- if you are or have been using an oral, inhaled, or injected steroid such as cortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisone, beclomethasone (Beclovent), flunisolide (AeroBid), fluticasone (Advair, Flovent), triamcinolone (Azmacort), and others.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication.
FDA pregnancy category C. This ciclesonide nasal may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether ciclesonide nasal passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Long-term use of steroid medication can slow a child's growth. Tell your doctor if the child using this medication is not growing or gaining weight properly.
How should I use ciclesonide nasal (Omnaris)?
Use this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the instructions on your prescription label.
Ciclesonide nasal spray is most often used once daily as 2 sprays into each nostril. Follow your doctor's instructions.
This medication comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
If needed, blow your nose to clear your nostrils just before using ciclesonide nasal.
Shake the ciclesonide nasal spray bottle gently before each use.
If you are using the nasal spray bottle for the first time, you must prime the bottle by pumping 8 sprays into the air, away from your face. If you have not used the bottle for longer than 4 days in a row, prime the pump with 1 priming spray.
Call your doctor if your nasal allergy symptoms get worse, or if they do not improve after using this medication for 2 weeks. It may take up to 5 weeks for your symptoms to improve if you use this medicine only during certain times of the year.
If you stopped using another steroid medication when you started using ciclesonide, you may have steroid withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms include joint or muscle pain, depression, and weakness. Do not stop using any steroid medication without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.
Store ciclesonide nasal at room temperature with the bottle upright, away from moisture and heat. Do not allow the medicine to freeze. Keep the spray bottle clean and dry.
The ciclesonide bottle contains enough medicine for 120 sprays. Throw the bottle away after 120 sprays, or 4 months after removing the bottle from the foil pouch, whichever comes first.
Additional Omnaris Information
- Omnaris Drug Interactions Center: ciclesonide nasl
- Omnaris Side Effects Center
- Omnaris Overview including Precautions
- Omnaris FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Omnaris - User Reviews
Omnaris User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.