"Dec. 11, 2012 -- The diabetes and obesity epidemics may be fueling a dramatic rise in the number of people with vision problems, a new study suggests.
Rates of vision problems that can't be treated with glasses or contact lenses, know"...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
(cromolyn sodium ophthalmic) Solution, USP 4% Sterile
It is important to use OPTICROM (cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution) regularly, as directed by your physician.
- Thoroughly wash your hands.
- Remove safety seal (Figure 1).
- Remove cap (Figure 2).
- Sit or stand comfortably, with your head tilted back (Figure 3).
- Open eyes, look up, and draw the lower lid of your eye down gently with your index finger (Figure 4).
- Hold the OPTICROM (cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution) bottle upside down. Place dropper tip as close as possible to the lower eyelid and gently squeeze out the prescribed number of drops (Figure 5).
- Do not touch the eye or eyelid with the dropper tip.
- Blink a few times to make sure the eye is covered with the solution.
- Close your eye and remove any excess solution with a clean tissue.
- Repeat process in the other eye.
- Avoid placing OPTICROM (cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution, USP) 4% directly on the cornea (the area just over the pupil), because it is especially sensitive. You will find the administration of eye drops more comfortable if you place the drops just inside the lower eyelid as shown in Figure 5 on the previous page.
- To avoid contamination of the solution, do not touch dropper tip to the eye, fingers, or any other surface. Replace cap after use. It is recommended that any remaining contents be discarded after the treatment period prescribed by your physician.
- Store at Controlled Room Temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F). Protect from light - store in original carton.
- Keep tightly closed and out of the reach of children.
- Do not use with any other ocular medications unless directed by your physician. Do not wear contact lenses during treatment with OPTICROM (cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution) .
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/11/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Opticrom Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.