In this Article
- What other names is Oregano known by?
- What is Oregano?
- How does Oregano work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Oregano.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Oregano might have an effect like a water pill or "diuretic." Taking oregano might decrease how well the body gets rid of lithium. This could increase how much lithium is in the body and result in serious side effects. Talk with your healthcare provider before using this product if you are taking lithium. Your lithium dose might need to be changed.
- For intestinal parasites: 200 mg of oil of oregano three times daily for 6 weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.