In this Article
- What other names is Oriental Arborvitae known by?
- What is Oriental Arborvitae?
- How does Oriental Arborvitae work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Oriental Arborvitae.
There isn't enough information to know whether oriental arborvitae can be safely applied to the skin.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It might be UNSAFE to use oriental arborvitae if you are pregnant. It contains a chemical called thujone, which might cause the uterus to contract. Don't use oriental arborvitae if you are pregnant.
Porphyria, an inherited condition. Oriental arborvitae might make porphyria worse.
Kidney problems: Oriental arborvitae might make kidney disease worse.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.