Ovarian Cancer (cont.)
In this Article
- Ovarian cancer facts*
- What are the ovaries?
- What is ovarian cancer?
- What are risk factors for ovarian cancer?
- Ovarian cancer symptoms
- How is ovarian cancer diagnosed?
- How is staging for ovarian cancer determined?
- What is the treatment for ovarian cancer?
- Treatment methods
- Radiation therapy
- What are the side effects of treatment for ovarian cancer?
- What follow-up care is necessary?
- Where can ovarian cancer patients find support?
- What research is available for ovarian cancer patients?
- What resources are available to patients with ovarian cancer?
- Pictures of Ovarian Cancer - Slideshow
- Take the Ovarian Cancer Quiz
- 15 Cancer Symptoms Women Ignore - Slideshow
- Ovarian Cancer FAQs
- Find a local Oncologist in your town
National Cancer Institute information resources
You may want more information for yourself, your family, and your doctor. The following NCI services are available to help you.
The NCI's Cancer Information Service (CIS) provides accurate, up-to-date information on cancer to patients and their families, health professionals, and the general public. Information Specialists translate the latest scientific information into understandable language and respond in English, in Spanish, or on TTY equipment. Calls are free. The service is available to callers in the United States and its territories.
- Telephone: 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237)
The NCI's Web site (http://www.cancer.gov) provides information from numerous NCI sources. It offers current information on cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, genetics, supportive care, and ongoing clinical trials. It has information about NCI's research programs and funding opportunities, cancer statistics, and the Institute itself. Information Specialists provide live, online assistance through LiveHelp at http://www.cancer.gov/help.
National Cancer Institute publications
NCI provides information about cancer, including the publications mentioned in this booklet. You can order these materials by telephone, on the Internet, or by mail. You can also read them online and print your own copy.
- By telephone: People in the United States and its territories may order these and other NCI publications by calling the NCI's Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER.
- On the Internet: Many NCI publications can be viewed, downloaded, and ordered from http://www.cancer.gov/publications. on the Internet. People in the United States and its territories may use this Web site to order printed copies. This Web site also explains how people outside the United States can mail or fax their requests for NCI booklets.
- By mail: NCI publications can be ordered by writing to the address below:
- Publications Ordering Service
National Cancer Institute
Suite 3035A 6116
Executive Boulevard, MSC 8322
Bethesda, MD 20892-8322
Additional resources from WebMD Boots UK on Ovarian Cancer
National Cancer Institute, U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Last Editorial Review: 6/24/2009
Viewers share their comments
Get the latest treatment options.