Symptom Checker: Symptoms & Signs Index
Medical Author: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Ovarian cancer may not cause any specific symptoms, particularly in its early stages. When it does cause symptoms, these may be nonspecific and vague. Symptoms can include abdominal enlargement or swelling, abdominal fullness, early satiety (feeling full early), changes in bowel or bladder habits, or clothes not fitting well. Other signs and symptoms can include shortness of breath, leg swelling, and pain in the abdomen or pelvis. Fatigue may be present, but it is considered another nonspecific symptom.
Because the symptoms of ovarian cancer can be very subtle or vague, affected women may not be diagnosed immediately because the condition is not suspected at first. When ovarian cancers are very large, they are more likely to cause symptoms related to obstruction or pressure on other organs.
Health concern on your mind? Visit the Symptom Checker.
"Ovarian Cancer." American Cancer Society. <http://www.cancer.org/cancer/ovariancancer/index>.
Main Article on Ovarian Cancer Symptoms and Signs
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms and Signs
Examples of Medications for Ovarian Cancer Symptoms and Signs
- altretamine, Hexalen
- capecitabine, Xeloda
- carboplatin - injection, Paraplatin
- cisplatin - injection, Platinol-AQ
- cisplatin-powder for injection
- cyclophosphamide, Cytoxan
- docetaxel, Taxotere, Docefrez
- doxorubicin liposomal - injection, Doxil
- etoposide - injection, Toposar, Vepesid
- etoposide - oral, Vepesid
- gemcitabine - injection, Gemzar
- ifosfamide - injection, Ifex
- irinotecan - injection, Camptosar
- melphalan - oral, Alkeran
- paclitaxel - injection, Onxol, Taxol
- topotecan - injection, Hycamtin
- vinorelbine - injection, Navelbine
Get the latest treatment options.