"Scientists at the National Institutes of Health report they have discovered in mouse studies that a small molecule released in the spinal cord triggers a process that is later experienced in the brain as the sensation of itch.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Apply OVIDE Lotion on DRY hair in amount just sufficient to thoroughly wet the hair and scalp. Pay particular attention to the back of the head and neck while applying OVIDE Lotion. Wash hands after appl ying to scalp.
- Allow hair to dry naturally - use no electric heat sou rce, and allow hair to remain uncovered.
- After 8 to 12 hours, the hair should be shampooed.
- Rinse and use a fine - toothed (nit) comb to remove dead lice and eggs.
- If lice are still present after 7 - 9 days, repeat with a second application of OVIDE Lotion.
Further treatment is generally not necess ary. Other family members should be evaluated by a physician to determine if infested, and if so, receive treatment.
OVIDE® (malathion) Lotion, 0.5%, is supplied in bottles of 2 fl. oz. (59 mL) NDC 51672-5276-4.
Store at controlled room temperature 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F).
Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
Manufactured for: a Manufactured by: Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Haifa Bay, Israel, 26110. Revised: December, 2011This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/27/2011
Additional Ovide Information
Ovide - User Reviews
Ovide User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.