"Aug. 5, 2013 -- Anyone who develops a rash, blister, or some other skin reaction while taking acetaminophen should stop using the drug and seek medical care immediately. The painkiller poses the risk for three rare but potentially fatal skin diso"...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
- OVIDE Lotion is flammable. The lotion and hair wet with lotion should not be exposed to open flames or electric heat sources, including hair dryers and electric curlers. Do not smoke while applying lotion or while hair is wet. The person applying OVIDE Lotion should wash h ands after application. Allow hair to dry naturally and to remain uncovered after application of OVIDE Lotion.
- OVIDE Lotion should only be used on children under the direct supervision of an adult. Children should be warned to stay away from lighted cigarettes, open flames, and electric heat sources while the hair is wet.
- In case of accidental ingestion of OVIDE Lotion by mouth, seek medical attention immediately.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, you should contact your physician before using OVIDE Lotion.
- If OVIDE Lotion comes into contact with the eyes, fl ush immediately with water. Consult a physician if eye irritation persists or if visual changes occur.
- If skin irritation occurs, wash scalp and hair immediately. If th e irritation clears, OVIDE Lotion may be reapplied. If irritation reoccurs, consult a physician.
- Burns and stinging sensations may occur when using OVIDE Lotion.
- Apply OVIDE Lotion on the scalp hair in an amount just sufficient to thoroughly wet hair and scalp. Pay particular attention to the back of the head and neck when applying OVIDE Lotion. Anyone applying OVIDE Lotion should wash hands immediately after the application process is complete.
- Allow hair to dry naturally and to remain uncovere d. Shampoo hair after 8 to 12 hours, again paying attention to the back of the head and neck while shampooing.
- Rinse hair and use a fine - toothed (nit) comb to remove dead lice and eggs.
- If lice are still present after 7 - 9 days, repeat with a second application of OVIDE Lotion.
- Further treatment is generally not necessary. Other family members should be evaluated by a physician to determine if infested, and if so, receive treatment.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/27/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ovide Information
Ovide - User Reviews
Ovide User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.