"High cholesterol levels may impair fertility in couples trying to achieve a pregnancy, according to a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health, the University at Buffalo (New York), and Emory University in Atlanta.
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe (choriogonadotropin alfa injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to hCG preparations or one of their excipients.
- Primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- An uncontrolled organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients).
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients)
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/25/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ovidrel Information
Ovidrel - User Reviews
Ovidrel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.