"Oct. 20, 2012 -- Babies conceived with the help of high-tech fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) have an increased risk for birth defects, a new study shows.
Compared to infants born to mothers who conceived with"...
Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe (choriogonadotropin alfa injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to hCG preparations or one of their excipients.
- Primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- An uncontrolled organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients).
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients)
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/25/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ovidrel Information
Ovidrel - User Reviews
Ovidrel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.