"Oct. 20, 2012 -- Babies conceived with the help of high-tech fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) have an increased risk for birth defects, a new study shows.
Compared to infants born to mothers who conceived with"...
Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe (choriogonadotropin alfa injection) is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to hCG preparations or one of their excipients.
- Primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction.
- An uncontrolled organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients).
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin (see Selection of Patients)
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/25/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ovidrel Information
Ovidrel - User Reviews
Ovidrel User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.