"Feb. 7, 2013 --The major blizzard predicted to hit the Northeast and New England on Friday may dump as much as 2 feet of snow from New York City to Maine, the National Weather Service predicts. Winds may gust to 75 miles per hour.
Oxandrin Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- What are the possible side effects of oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- How should I take oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Oxandrin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Oxandrin)?
- What should I avoid while taking oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- What other drugs will affect oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
Do not take oxandrolone without first talking to your doctor if you have
- prostate cancer;
- breast cancer; or
- a high level of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia).
Before taking oxandrolone, talk to your doctor if you
- have heart or blood vessel disease;
- have had a heart attack;
- have a high level of cholesterol in the blood;
- have bleeding or blood clotting problems;
- have diabetes;
- take an oral anticoagulant (blood thinner);
- have liver problems; or
- have kidney problems.
You may not be able to take oxandrolone, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment.
Oxandrolone is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that oxandrolone is known to cause birth defects in an unborn baby. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether oxandrolone passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take oxandrolone (Oxandrin)?
Take oxandrolone exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist to explain them to you.
Take oxandrolone with a full glass of water.
Oxandrolone can be taken with or without food.
It is important to take oxandrolone regularly to get the most benefit.
Your doctor may want you to have blood tests or other medical evaluations during treatment with oxandrolone to monitor progress and side effects.
Store oxandrolone at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and direct light.
Additional Oxandrin Information
- Oxandrin Drug Interactions Center: oxandrolone oral
- Oxandrin Side Effects Center
- Oxandrin Overview including Precautions
- Oxandrin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Oxandrin - User Reviews
Oxandrin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.