"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes patches of skin redness and irritation. Psoriasis is"...
In the event of methoxsalen overdosage, induce emesis and keep the patient in a darkened room for at least 24 hours. Emesis is most beneficial within the first 2 to 3 hours after ingestion of methoxsalen, since maximum blood levels are reached by this time.
- Patients exhibiting idiosyncratic reactions to psoralen compounds.
- Patients possessing a specific history of light sensitive disease states should not initiate methoxsalen therapy except under special circumstances. Diseases associated with photosensitivity include lupus erythematosus, porphyria cutanea tarda, erythropoietic protoporphyria, variegate porphyria, xeroderma pigmentosum, and albinism.
- Patients with melanoma or with a history of melanoma.
- Patients with invasive squamous cell carcinomas.
- Patients with aphakia, because of the significantly increased risk of retinal damage due to the absence of lenses.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/5/2016
Additional Oxsoralen-Ultra Information
Oxsoralen-Ultra - User Reviews
Oxsoralen-Ultra User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.