In this Article
- What other names is Papain known by?
- What is Papain?
- How does Papain work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Papain.
Excessive amounts of papain can cause severe throat damage.
Do not use papain if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to fig or kiwi fruit.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
- For treating pain and swelling (inflammation) following an accident or surgery: 1500 mg (2520 FIP units) of papain per day.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.