In this Article
- What other names is Papain known by?
- What is Papain?
- How does Papain work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Papain.
Excessive amounts of papain can cause severe throat damage.
Do not use papain if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to fig or kiwi fruit.
- You have a bleeding disorder.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.