"Types (classes) of pain medication
Pain medications are drugs used to relieve discomfort associated with disease, injury, or surgery. Because the pain process is complex, there are many types of pain drugs that provide relief by acting "...
Parafon Forte Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Lorzone, Parafon Forte DSC
Generic Name: chlorzoxazone (Pronunciation: klor ZOX a zone)
- What is chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- What are the possible side effects of chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- What is the most important information I should know about chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- How should I take chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Parafon Forte)?
- What happens if I overdose (Parafon Forte)?
- What should I avoid while taking chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- What other drugs will affect chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxer. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain.
Chlorzoxazone is used together with rest and physical therapy to treat skeletal muscle conditions such as pain or injury.
Chlorzoxazone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Chlorzoxazone 500 mg-BAR
round, green, imprinted with barr, 555 585
Chlorzoxazone 500 mg-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93 542
Parafon Forte DSC
oblong, green, imprinted with MCNEIL, PARAFON FORTE DSC
What are the possible side effects of chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using chlorzoxazone and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- black, bloody, or tarry stools;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds; or
- feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness, tired feeling;
- slightly discolored urine; or
- mild skin rash or bruising.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Parafon Forte (chlorzoxazone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about chlorzoxazone (Parafon Forte)?
Before taking chlorzoxazone, tell your doctor if you have liver disease. You may need a lower dose or special monitoring during therapy.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of chlorzoxazone.
Additional Parafon Forte Information
- Parafon Forte Drug Interactions Center: chlorzoxazone oral
- Parafon Forte Side Effects Center
- Parafon Forte Overview including Precautions
- Parafon Forte FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Parafon Forte - User Reviews
Parafon Forte User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.