In this Article
- What other names is Passionflower known by?
- What is Passionflower?
- How does Passionflower work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Passionflower.
Sedative medications (CNS depressants)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Passionflower might cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Medications that cause sleepiness are called sedatives. Taking passionflower along with sedative medications might cause too much sleepiness.
Some sedative medications include pentobarbital (Nembutal), phenobarbital (Luminal), secobarbital (Seconal), clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
- For generalized anxiety disorder (GAD):
- 45 drops of passionflower liquid extract daily.
- A specific tablet formulation 90 mg/day has also been used.
- For reducing symptoms associated with narcotic drug withdrawal: 60 drops of passionflower liquid extract in combination with 0.8 mg of clonidine.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.