- What other names is Passionflower known by?
- What is Passionflower?
- How does Passionflower work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Passionflower.
Possibly Effective for...
- Relieving symptoms related to narcotic drug withdrawal, when used in combination with a medication called clonidine.
- A psychiatric disorder known as adjustment disorder with anxious mood when used in a multi-ingredient product (Euphytose, EUP).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Nervous stomach, burns, insomnia, hemorrhoids, asthma, heart problems, high blood pressure, seizures, fibromyalgia, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.