Patanase Nasal Spray
"April 24, 2014 -- As many as 4 in 10 Americans have sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes due to allergies. If you're one of them, allergy shots can help ease your reaction to the plants, insects, or animals that trigger your symptoms. But they r"...
Patanase Nasal Spray
Patanase Nasal Spray Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What are the possible side effects of olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What is the most important information I should know about olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- How should I use olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What happens if I overdose (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What should I avoid while taking olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- What other drugs will affect olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to olopatadine.
Before using olopatadine nasal, tell your doctor if you have any non-allergic conditions affecting the inside of your nose, such as a deviated septum.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether olopatadine nasal will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether olopatadine nasal passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give this medicine to a child younger than 6 years old without medical advice.
How should I use olopatadine nasal (Patanase Nasal Spray)?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Before using the spray for the first time, you must prime the spray pump. Shake the medicine well and spray 5 test sprays into the air and away from your face. Spray until a fine mist appears.
To use the olopatadine nasal spray:
- Gently blow your nose before using the nasal spray.
- Insert the spray tip into your nostril, pointing it straight up into your nose. Press your other nostril closed with your finger and keep your head upright. Pump the spray and gently inhale at the same time.
- Use only the number of sprays prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean the pump nozzle with a clean, damp tissue and recap it.
- Prime the spray pump with at least 2 sprays any time it has been longer than 7 days since you last used it.
Try not to sneeze or blow your nose just after using the spray.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve, or if they get worse while using olopatadine nasal.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Patanase Nasal Spray Information
Patanase Nasal Spray - User Reviews
Patanase Nasal Spray User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.