- What other names is Pectin known by?
- What is Pectin?
- How does Pectin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pectin.
Possibly Effective for...
- High cholesterol.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diarrhea, reducing the risk of colon cancer, diabetes, infection, mouth and throat sores, reducing damage from radiation, preventing heavy metal toxicity, prostate cancer, heartburn, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Pectin work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Tips to keep it under control.