Pegintron and Rebetol
"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) to treat chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. Sovaldi is the first drug that has demonstrated safety and efficacy to treat certain types of HCV infection without the "...
PegIntron and Rebetol Combo Pack
There is limited experience with overdosage. In the clinical studies, a few patients accidentally received a dose greater than that prescribed. There were no instances in which a participant in the combination therapy trials received more than 10.5 times the intended dose of Peglntron™. The maximum dose received by any patient was 3.45 mcg/kg weekly over a period of approximately 12 weeks. The maximum known overdosage of REBETOL® was an intentional ingestion of 10 g (fifty 200 mg capsules). There were no serious reactions attributed to these overdosages. In cases of overdosing, symptomatic treatment and close observation of the patient are recommended.
Peglntron™/REBETOL® Combo Pack therapy is contraindicated in:
- Patients with hypersensitivity to Peglntron™ or ribavirin or any other component of the product
- Women who are pregnant
- Men whose female partners are pregnant
- Patients with autoimmune hepatitis
- Patients with hepatic decompensation (Child-Pugh score > 6 [class B and C]) in cirrhotic CHC patients before or during treatment.
- Patients with hemoglobinopathies (e.g., thalassemia major, sickle-cell anemia)
- Patients with creatinine clearance < 50 mL/min
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/24/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional PegIntron and Rebetol Combo Pack Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.