Penile Implants (cont.)
In this Article
- Penile prosthesis introduction
- How does the penile prothesis work?
- Is the prothesis noticeable?
- What is sex like with the prothesis
- How effective are the penile implants?
- Is the penile implant safe?
- Will insurance cover the cost of the penis prosthesis implant?
- Find a local Urologist in your town
Is the Implant Safe?
No surgery is totally free of possible complications. Complications associated with penile implants include:
- Uncontrolled bleeding after the surgery possibly leading to re-operation
- Scar tissue formation
- Erosion (tissue around the implant may break down)
- Mechanical failure
Will Insurance Cover the Cost of the Penis Prosthesis Implant?
Insurance coverage for these operations is often good, as long as a medical cause of ED is established. Medicare covers the surgery, but Medicaid does not.
American Urological Association., Mentor Corporation.
Edited by John M. Baird, MD, FACS on January 01, 2007
Portions of this page © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2004
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
Sex & Relationships
Get tips to boost your love life.