In this Article
- What other names is Peppermint known by?
- What is Peppermint?
- How does Peppermint work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Peppermint.
Peppermint oil, when taken by mouth in pills with a special (enteric) coating to prevent contact with the stomach, seems safe for children 8 years of age and older.
Do not take peppermint oil in medicinal amounts if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.