Peptic Ulcer (cont.)
In this Article
- Peptic ulcer facts
- What is a peptic ulcer?
- What causes of peptic ulcers?
- What are symptoms of peptic ulcers?
- How is a peptic ulcer diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for peptic ulcers?
- What are the complications of peptic ulcers?
- Peptic ulcer summary
- Find a local Gastroenterologist in your town
Peptic ulcer summary
With modern treatment, patients with ulcer disease can lead normal lives without lifestyle changes or dietary restrictions. Cigarette smokers have been found to have more complications from ulcers and treatment failure. Eradication of the bacteria H. pylori not only heals ulcers but also prevents the recurrence of ulcer disease.
REFERENCE: MedscapeReference. Peptic Ulcer Disease.
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
Get the latest treatment options.