"For what conditions are pain medications used?
Virtually any disease as well as most injuries and surgical procedures involve some degree of pain. It's not surprising, then, that pain medications, also known as analgesics, are among t"...
Percodan Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Endodan, Percodan, Roxiprin
Generic Name: aspirin and oxycodone (Pronunciation: AS pir in and ox i KOE done)
- What is aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What are the possible side effects of aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- How should I take aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Percodan)?
- What happens if I overdose (Percodan)?
- What should I avoid while taking aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Aspirin is in a group of drugs called salicylates (sa-LIS-il-ates). It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain, fever, and inflammation.
Oxycodone is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers.
The combination of aspirin and oxycodone is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Aspirin and oxycodone may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, yellow, imprinted with Endo 610
round, yellow, imprinted with PERCODAN
round, white, imprinted with 54 902
What are the possible side effects of aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee ground;
- shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
- fast heart rate;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- easy bruising or bleeding; or
- problems with urination.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
- heartburn, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea;
- feeling dizzy or drowsy;
- ringing in your ears; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone hydrochloride) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Aspirin should not be given to a child or teenager who has a fever, especially if the child also has flu symptoms or chicken pox. Aspirin can cause a serious and sometimes fatal condition called Reye's syndrome in children.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. Symptoms include black, bloody, or tarry stools, and coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Oxycodone may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Never share aspirin and oxycodone with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of stomach bleeding while taking aspirin.
Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain.
Additional Percodan Information
Percodan - User Reviews
Percodan User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.