"Sleep disorder drugs (hypnotic and sedative drugs) overview
Insomnia, a disorder in which there is difficulty sleeping, occurs occasionally in most people but usually lasts only a few days. The body then "corrects" itself "...
Percodan Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Endodan, Percodan, Roxiprin
Generic Name: aspirin and oxycodone (Pronunciation: AS pir in and ox i KOE done)
- What is aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What are the possible side effects of aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- How should I take aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Percodan)?
- What happens if I overdose (Percodan)?
- What should I avoid while taking aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- What other drugs will affect aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Aspirin is in a group of drugs called salicylates (sa-LIS-il-ates). It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain, fever, and inflammation.
Oxycodone is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
The combination of aspirin and oxycodone is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Aspirin and oxycodone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, yellow, imprinted with Endo 610
round, yellow, imprinted with PERCODAN
round, white, imprinted with 54 902
What are the possible side effects of aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe stomach pain or constipation, vomiting;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- weak or shallow breathing, fast or slow heartbeats;
- confusion, hallucinations, feeling like you might pass out;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- seizures; or
- decreased hearing, ringing in your ears.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness;
- constipation, heartburn, upset stomach, bloating, gas, diarrhea; or
- dry mouth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Percodan (aspirin and oxycodone hydrochloride) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about aspirin and oxycodone (Percodan)?
Aspirin should not be given to a child or teenager who has a fever, especially if the child also has flu symptoms or chicken pox. Aspirin can cause a serious and sometimes fatal condition called Reye's syndrome in children.
You should not take aspirin and oxycodone if you have a bleeding disorder, a recent history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, if you take a blood thinner, or if you are allergic to aspirin, oxycodone, or an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Orudis, Indocin, Lodine, Voltaren, Toradol, Mobic, Relafen, Feldene, and others.
Do not use aspirin and oxycodone if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as furazolidone (Furoxone), isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) in the last 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur, leading to serious side effects.
Oxycodone may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person for whom it was prescribed. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other over-the-counter cold, allergy, or pain medicine. Aspirin is contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much aspirin. Check the label to see if a medicine contains aspirin.
Additional Percodan Information
Percodan - User Reviews
Percodan User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.