"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Ofev (nintedanib) for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is a condition in which the lungs become progressively scarred over "...
Perforomist Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Foradil Aerolizer, Perforomist
Generic Name: formoterol (inhalation) (Pronunciation: for MOE ter all)
- What is formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- What are the possible side effects of formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- What is the most important information I should know about formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- How should I use formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Perforomist)?
- What happens if I overdose (Perforomist)?
- What should I avoid while using formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
- What other drugs will affect formoterol (Perforomist)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
Formoterol inhalation is used to prevent bronchospasm in people with reversible obstructive airways disease, including symptoms of night-time asthma. It is also used in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Formoterol inhalation may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, fast or pounding heartbeats, tremors, headache, or restless feeling;
- seizure (convulsions);
- wheezing, choking, or other breathing problems after using this medication;
- increased thirst or hunger, urinating more than usual; or
- worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, anxiety, headache;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- back pain, muscle cramps;
- sore throat, dry mouth, cough, stuffy nose;
- skin rash, itching; or
- changes in your voice.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Perforomist (formoterol fumarate inhalation solution) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about formoterol inhalation (Perforomist)?
Do not use formoterol inhalation to treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
Formoterol may increase the risk of asthma-related death. Use only the prescribed dose of this medication, and do not use it for longer than your doctor recommends. Follow all patient instructions for safe use. Talk with your doctor about your individual risks and benefits of using formoterol inhalation.
Asthma is often treated with a combination of different drugs. If you use formoterol inhalation to treat asthma, you must use it together with another asthma control medication. Use all of your medications as directed by your doctor. Talk with your doctor if your medications do not seem to work as well in treating or preventing attacks. Do not change your doses or medication schedule without advice from your doctor.
Formoterol capsules are for use only in the Foradil Aerolizer device. Use only one capsule at a time. Do not take the capsules by mouth. Never place a capsule in the mouthpiece of the inhaler.
Seek medical attention if you think any of your asthma medications are not working as well as usual. An increased need for medication could be an early sign of a serious asthma attack.
Additional Perforomist Information
- Perforomist Drug Interactions Center: formoterol fumarate inhl
- Perforomist Side Effects Center
- Perforomist Overview including Precautions
- Perforomist FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Perforomist - User Reviews
Perforomist User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.