November 29, 2015




Ingestion of 1 or 2 ounces of Peridex by a small child (~10 kg body weight) might result in gastric distress, including nausea, or signs of alcohol intoxication. Medical attention should be sought if more than 4 ounces of Peridex is ingested by a small child or if signs of alcohol intoxication develop.


Peridex should not be used by persons who are known to be hypersensitive to chlorhexidine gluconate or other formula ingredients.

This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.

Last reviewed on RxList: 1/28/2013


Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration


You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

WebMD Oral Health

Get tips for a healthy mouth.