In this Article
- What other names is Periwinkle known by?
- What is Periwinkle?
- How does Periwinkle work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Periwinkle.
Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Periwinkle seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking periwinkle along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.
Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.