"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Juvederm Ultra XC (Allergan) for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults older than 21 years, the company announced today. It is a new indication for t"...
- Perlane-L is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis or history or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Perlane-L contains trace amounts of gram positive bacterial proteins, and is contraindicated for patients with a history of allergies to such material.
- Perlane-L is contraindicated for patients with bleeding disorders.
- Perlane-L is contraindicated for implantation in anatomical spaces other than the dermis or superficial layer of the subcutis.
- Perlane-L should not be used in patients with previous hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type, such as lidocaine.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/5/2013
Additional Perlane-L Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.