"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced today that its review of two patients who died after receiving intramuscular injections of the schizophrenia drug olanzapine pamoate (Zyprexa Relprevv, Eli Lilly) is inconclusive, altho"...
Perphenazine Tablets Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What are the possible side effects of perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What is the most important information I should know about perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- How should I take perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What happens if I overdose (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What should I avoid while taking perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- What other drugs will affect perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Perphenazine Tablets)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Perphenazine Tablets)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose symptoms may include dry mouth, constipation, bloating or stomach cramps, extreme drowsiness, dizziness, fast or pounding heartbeat; uncontrollable muscle movements, fainting, and seizure (convulsions).
What should I avoid while taking perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of perphenazine.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Perphenazine can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
What other drugs will affect perphenazine (Perphenazine Tablets)?
Cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety can add to sleepiness caused by perphenazine. Tell your doctor if you regularly use any of these medicines, or any other antipsychotic medicine.
Also tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- atropine (Atreza, Sal-Tropine);
- lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid);
- gefitinib (Iressa), imatinib (Gleevec), or nilotinib (Tasigna);
- an antibiotic;
- birth control pills or hormone replacement estrogens;
- blood pressure medication;
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- certain asthma medications or bronchodilators;
- heart rhythm medication;
- HIV or AIDS medications;
- incontinence medications;
- insulin or diabetes medications you take by mouth;
- medication for nausea, vomiting, or motion sickness;
- medications to treat or prevent malaria;
- medications used for general anesthesia;
- medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection;
- numbing medicine such as lidocaine or Novocain;
- a stimulant or ADHD medication;
- ulcer or irritable bowel medications; or
- medicines to treat Parkinson's disease, restless leg syndrome, or pituitary gland tumor (prolactinoma).
This list is not complete and there are many other medicines that can interact with perphenazine. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor. Keep a list with you of all the medicines you use and show this list to any doctor or other healthcare provider who treats you.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about perphenazine.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.01. Revision date: 3/14/2011.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Perphenazine Tablets Information
Perphenazine Tablets - User Reviews
Perphenazine Tablets User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.