Phakic Intraocular Lenses (cont.)
In this Article
- What are phakic lenses?
- Are phakic lenses for you?
- What are the risks?
- What you should know and do before, during, and after surgery?
- Questions for your doctor before undergoing phakic lens implantation
- FDA-Approved phakic lenses
- Find a local Eye Doctor in your town
FDA-Approved Phakic Lenses
To find detailed information about specific medical devices, including diagnostic tests, FDA developed a new resource, the Devices@FDA. Use this web site to:
- Find out if devices are approved by FDA
- Get phone numbers and addresses of medical device companies
- Read and print patient information and instructions for use
- Learn about changes to devices since
they were approved.
To see a list of FDA-approved phakic intraocular lenses, use the Devices@FDA search. Please note that new listings are not added until approximately five working days after the last day of the month in which the device was approved. In some cases, it can take as long as five weeks to appear.
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration (www.fda.gov)
Last Editorial Review: 7/14/2005
Get breaking medical news.