In this Article
- What other names is Phenylalanine known by?
- What is Phenylalanine?
- How does Phenylalanine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Phenylalanine.
Do not take phenylalanine if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a psychiatric condition called schizophrenia.
- You have a genetic disorder affecting how the body breaks down phenylalanine such as phenylketonuria (PKU) or alkaptonuria.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.