In this Article
- What other names is Phenylalanine known by?
- What is Phenylalanine?
- How does Phenylalanine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Phenylalanine.
Do not take phenylalanine if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a psychiatric condition called schizophrenia.
- You have a genetic disorder affecting how the body breaks down phenylalanine such as phenylketonuria (PKU) or alkaptonuria.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.