"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Akorn Inc's phenylephrine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution (2.5% and 10%), the company has announced.
The alpha-1 adrenergic receptor agonist is commonly used by optometrists, ophtha"...
Echothiophate iodide for ophthalmic solution is a long-acting cholinesterase inhibitor for topical use which enhances the effect of endogenously liberated acetylcholine in iris, ciliary muscle, and other parasympathetically innervated structures of the eye. It thereby causes miosis, increase in facility of outflow of aqueous humor, fall in intraocular pressure, and potentiation of accommodation.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/9/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Phospholine Iodide Information
- Phospholine Iodide Drug Interactions Center: echothiophate iodide opht
- Phospholine Iodide Side Effects Center
- Phospholine Iodide in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Phospholine Iodide Overview including Precautions
- Phospholine Iodide FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.