"Almost all of the 41 million estimated contact lens wearers in the United States may be engaging in at least one behavior known to increase their risk of eye infections, according to a report published today by the Centers for Disease Control and"...
Echothiophate iodide for ophthalmic solution is a long-acting cholinesterase inhibitor for topical use which enhances the effect of endogenously liberated acetylcholine in iris, ciliary muscle, and other parasympathetically innervated structures of the eye. It thereby causes miosis, increase in facility of outflow of aqueous humor, fall in intraocular pressure, and potentiation of accommodation.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/9/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Phospholine Iodide Information
- Phospholine Iodide Drug Interactions Center: echothiophate iodide opht
- Phospholine Iodide Side Effects Center
- Phospholine Iodide in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Phospholine Iodide Overview including Precautions
- Phospholine Iodide FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.