"Dec. 11, 2012 -- The diabetes and obesity epidemics may be fueling a dramatic rise in the number of people with vision problems, a new study suggests.
Rates of vision problems that can't be treated with glasses or contact lenses, know"...
Pilopine HS Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- What are the possible side effects of pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- What is the most important information I should know about pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- How should I use pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Pilopine HS)?
- What happens if I overdose (Pilopine HS)?
- What should I avoid while using pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- What other drugs will affect pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to pilocarpine, or if you have uveitis or pupillary block glaucoma.
Before using pilocarpine ophthalmic, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether pilocarpine ophthalmic passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I use pilocarpine ophthalmic (Pilopine HS)?
Use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Wash your hands before using the eye drops.
To apply the eye drops:
- Tilt your head back slightly and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket. Hold the dropper above the eye with the dropper tip down. Look up and away from the dropper as you squeeze out a drop, then close your eye.
- Gently press your finger to the inside corner of the eye (near your nose) for about 1 minute to keep the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
- If you use any other eye medications, wait about 5 minutes after using pilocarpine eye drops before using the other medication.
- Do not allow the dropper tip to touch any surface, including the eyes or hands. If the dropper becomes contaminated it could cause an infection in your eye, which can lead to vision loss or serious damage to the eye.
Do not use the eye drops if the liquid has changed colors or has particles in it. Call your doctor for a new prescription.
Store the drops at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Additional Pilopine HS Information
- Pilopine HS Drug Interactions Center: pilocarpine hcl opht
- Pilopine HS Side Effects Center
- Pilopine HS Overview including Precautions
- Pilopine HS FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Pilopine HS - User Reviews
Pilopine HS User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.