- What other names is Pipsissewa known by?
- What is Pipsissewa?
- How does Pipsissewa work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Pipsissewa.
Pipsissewa is used for urinary tract infections (UTIs), bladder stones, fluid retention, spasms, epilepsy, anxiety, and cancer.
Some people apply it directly to the skin for treating sores and blisters.
In food and beverages, pipsissewa extracts are used as flavoring.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Bladder stones.
- Fluid retention.
- Sores, when applied to the skin.
- Blisters, when applied to the skin.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.