Pityriasis Rosea (cont.)
Gary W. Cole, MD, FAAD
Dr. Cole is board certified in dermatology. He obtained his BA degree in bacteriology, his MA degree in microbiology, and his MD at the University of California, Los Angeles. He trained in dermatology at the University of Oregon, where he completed his residency.
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
In this Article
- Pityriasis rosea facts
- What is pityriasis rosea?
- Who gets pityriasis rosea?
- What causes pityriasis rosea?
- What are pityriasis rosea symptoms and signs?
- How is pityriasis rosea diagnosed?
- What are some common misdiagnoses of pityriasis rosea?
- What is the treatment for pityriasis rosea?
- What home remedies can I use for pityriasis rosea?
- Is pityriasis rosea dangerous during pregnancy?
- Can pityriasis rosea be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for pityriasis rosea?
- Where can I find more information and facts about pityriasis rosea?
- Find a local Dermatologist in your town
Where can I find more information and facts about pityriasis rosea?
A good source of information is the American Academy of Dermatology (http://www.aad.org) or a board-certified dermatologist.
Drago, Francesco, Francesco Broccolo, and Alfredo Rebora. "Pityriasis Rosea: An Update With a Critical Appraisal of Its Possible Herpesviral Etiology." J Am Acad Dermatol 61.2 Aug. 2009: 303-318.
Drago, Francesco, Francesco Broccolo, et al. "Pregnancy Outcome in Patients With Pityriasis Rosea." J Am Acad Dermatol 58.5 May 2008: S78-S83.
"Pityriasis Rosea." American Academy of Dermatology. <https://www.aad.org/skin-conditions/dermatology-a-to-z/pityriasis-rosea/>.
Find out what women really need.