"Nov. 1, 2012 -- Having even mildly elevated blood pressure at midlife prematurely ages the brain, a new study shows.
Researchers say the early changes seen with higher blood pressure may set the stage for problems with thinking, memor"...
Pletal Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is cilostazol (Pletal)?
- What are the possible side effects of cilostazol (Pletal)?
- What is the most important information I should know about cilostazol (Pletal)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cilostazol (Pletal)?
- How should I take cilostazol (Pletal)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Pletal)?
- What happens if I overdose (Pletal)?
- What should I avoid while taking cilostazol (Pletal)?
- What other drugs will affect cilostazol (Pletal)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking cilostazol (Pletal)?
Do not take cilostazol if you have congestive heart failure. Cilostazol can make this condition worse.
Before using cilostazol, tell your doctor if you have:
- heart disease; or
- liver disease.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take this medication.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Cilostazol can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take cilostazol (Pletal)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Cilostazol is usually taken twice a day, at least 30 minutes before or 2 hours after breakfast or dinner. Take cilostazol at the same times each day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
It may take up to 12 weeks of using cilostazol before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks of treatment.
Store cilostazol at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Pletal Information
- Pletal Drug Interactions Center: cilostazol oral
- Pletal Side Effects Center
- Pletal Overview including Precautions
- Pletal FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Pletal - User Reviews
Pletal User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.