- What other names is Pleurisy Root known by?
- What is Pleurisy Root?
- How does Pleurisy Root work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Pleurisy Root.
Despite serious safety concerns, pleurisy root is used for coughs, swelling of the lining of the lungs (pleurisy), swelling of the air sacs in the lungs (pneumonitis), swelling of the airways (bronchitis), influenza, and swine flu. It is also used to treat disorders of the uterus, muscle spasms, and pain; to loosen mucus so it can be coughed up; and to promote sweating.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Lung inflammation (pleurisy and pneumonitis).
- Disorders of the uterus.
- Promoting sweating.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.