How does Poisonous Buttercup work?
Poisonous buttercup contains a chemical which is extremely irritating to skin and mucous membranes. It causes pain and burning sensations, tongue swelling (inflammation), and an increase in saliva flow.
Are there safety concerns?
Poisonous buttercup is UNSAFE for use when applied to skin. There isn't enough information to know if it is safe when taken by mouth. Skin contact with fresh or bruised plants can lead to blisters and burns that are difficult to heal. It might also increase the risk of sunburn.
Do not take poisonous buttercup if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Dosing considerations for Poisonous Buttercup.
The appropriate dose of poisonous buttercup depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for poisonous buttercup. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.