In this Article
- What other names is Policosanol known by?
- What is Policosanol?
- How does Policosanol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Policosanol.
Medications that slow blood clotting (Anticoagulant / Antiplatelet drugs)
Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.
Policosanol might slow blood clotting. Taking policosanol along with medications that also slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding.
Some medications that slow blood clotting include aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, others), dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.